Tuesday 24 April 2012

Veg Box Day: 24/4/12

This fortnight I've got spring onions, asparagus (yay!), carrots, potatoes, a red pepper, more purple sprouting broccoli (yay again!) and courgettes - I was meant to have portobello mushrooms but the quality wasn't up to scratch this week so they swapped them for the courgettes. Fine with me!

I seriously need to start finding things to do with potatoes, mind you. I don't really eat potatoes very often but I'm going to have to seeing as I now get a bag every fortnight! I've got a bag and a half to use now! To that end, I decided to make a warm Nicoise-inspired salad for tonight's supper, with tuna, spring onions, asparagus, potatoes, black olives and a hard-boiled egg. With a drizzle of balsamic vinegar it was absolutely delicious, and definitely a great way to use a couple of those spuds!


2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem and have just struck upon the idea of a vegetable curry for this evening - you can throw loads of potato in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point! I actually made a chard and potato curry the other week, and I should definitely get into making more curries and chucking potatoes into them. I also remembered that my mum puts potatoes in her veggie casserole, so I can do that as well! I think a veggie shepherd's pie will feature at some point soon...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...