Friday 2 March 2012

Uniqlo and Laura Ashley

I'm a big fan of Stylist, the free magazine given out once a week at Tube and railway stations across the capital. It's got a great mix of fashion and features and it's the perfect length for my morning commute! Last week, I spotted an advert for a special event they were hosting with Uniqlo to celebrate the new Laura Ashley limited edition collection. A few of the girls from work and I all signed up for free invites, and I'm glad we did, because the event was great fun!

The evening had a Forties tea party theme, and we were greeted by some lovely ladies in vintage frocks bearing cocktails in teacups...
Apparently they were a mix of vodka, elderflower, cranberry and Chambord - they were very sweet, but quite moreish! There were also cake stands with mini Bakewell tarts and little brioche rolls with goats' cheese and sundried tomatoes. Yum yum! And there was live music and a DJ playing Forties and Fifties swing and jazz. Not only that, we got 20% off everything instore, including the lovely Laura Ashley collection - tops, tunics and scarves featuring prints from the Laura Ashley archive. I treated myself to a couple of the scoop-neck t-shirts and I'm really pleased with the quality and the fit. I couldn't resist wearing one of them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...