Wednesday 14 March 2012

WIAW: nine miler

Yet again it's been ages since I last participated in What I Ate Wednesday, but never mind, here I am again!

Today kicked off with my current breakfast of choice, which is still Activia yogurt (vanilla this morning) with Mesa Sunrise cereal. This was the last bit from the bottom of the box, hence all the crumbly bits!
Then at about midday I had this lovely juicy apple...
...and lunch itself was my new favourite food for running days, a Tilda microwave basmati rice pouch thing (this one was brown basmati with butternut squash) with my customary broccoli and Brussels sprouts! WIAW this month is all about the vegetables, and as you probably know by now, I have a bit of an obsession with those little packs of veg that you can get in M&S and Waitrose. They're perfect for lunch because you can just steam them in the microwave for a minute or so (our work kitchen only has a microwave, toaster and kettle) and you've got lovely fresh veg. I eat them all the time.
Delicious. I then ate a few too many mini flapjack bites, but we'll gloss over those and call them 'fuel' for this evening's run! I also had a banana and some rye toast as further fuel before I headed out with the running club - and it seemed to work, because I ran 9 miles in 1:22.37 - an average pace of 9:06/mile. I was really pleased with that, because the first four miles were really hilly and there was a fair bit of waiting around at traffic lights, and my race pace is meant to be between 9 and 9:05/mile, so I was pretty much there! It felt like a really good run, too - I felt like I easily had a few more miles in me at the end. Good job, too, because this arrived today...
Not long to go now! My first organised half-marathon since March 2010...!

Then when I got home I settled down in front of Masterchef (I still don't know who I want to win!) with a bowl of leftover tomato and barley risotto, a poached egg, and some oatcakes. A slightly odd supper, but very nice and just what I needed after my run!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...