Sunday 18 March 2012

Oaty banana pancakes...

For the last couple of weeks, I've been running on Saturdays instead of Sundays, doing a brilliant 12-mile trail run with a few others from the running club. It involves lots of hills and it's been fantastic - not only is it something completely different and a great addition to my half-marathon training (two weeks today, eek!) but it means I get my running out of the way at the start of the weekend and I can do whatever I want with my Saturday night and my Sunday!

Last night I was out at a friend's 30th birthday do (there was an 80s TV characters theme and I went as Velma from Scooby-Doo...check it out...)
...and so this morning I fancied a bit of a Sunday treat. I came up with these pancakes - they were really easy and really tasty!
Oaty Banana Pancakes
(serves one)

1 small ripe banana
30g oats
15g buckwheat flour
Enough milk (I used almond) to make it into a thick batter

Mash the banana really well, then stir in the oats and flour to make a thick paste. Then whisk in the milk until you get a thick batter, and dollop spoonfuls into a hot pan. Make them quite thick, as they'll be quite delicate, and make sure you let them cook thoroughly on one side before turning them over. Serve with maple syrup. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...