Tuesday 23 August 2011

The joys of country living...

I was at my parents' house over the weekend, and on Friday night I went to bed really looking forward to my Saturday lie-in. No running, no Pilates, nothing to do except sleep in and then maybe have a nice long bath. Bliss.

Or it would have been, except that at 7am I was rudely awoken by a strange HONK noise outside. HONK! HONK! *silence* HONK!! It sounded like a severely wounded duck. A few minutes later, I heard my parents get up, and I then heard gales of laughter and a cry of 'Allie! Have you got your camera??'

This was outside...



A peacock! Who knew peacocks honked? There then followed half an hour of chasing the peacock around the garden...



...before we eventually gave up and decided to let the stupid thing find its own way out of the garden. It flew off eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...