Sunday 13 February 2011

Adventures in bread making...



Excuse the seriously awful photo - it was quite late and I'd had half a bottle of wine! But this is my very first attempt at breadmaking. And (if I do say so myself) it was a total success! I'm a bit scared of yeast (and couldn't be bothered spending hours letting dough prove and whatnot) so I started off with a simple brown soda bread recipe from Rachel Allen. If you click on that link, ignore the bit that talks about needing a tart tin - I think that's crept in from another recipe! Her recipe suggests adding seeds as an optional extra - I didn't have any seeds, but I did have walnuts and they made a really lovely addition to the bread. I'll definitely be making this one again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...