Wednesday 22 February 2012

WIAW: vegging it up!

I haven't done What I Ate Wednesday for ages, but I thought I'd try to get back into the swing of things this week! And it's Veg Month over at Peas and Crayons - luckily I think my food today was suitably veggified!

Today started off slightly differently - I usually have porridge but I decided to have a bit of a change and lighten things up a bit, so this morning's breakfast was a cherry Activia yogurt topped with Mesa Sunrise flakes. I'd been meaning to try them for ages and they're delicious!
I'd planned to have something boring like soup for lunch, but I ended up going to the lovely veggie restaurant around the corner with one of my bosses - I didn't take a photo of my lunch but it was pretty much the same as this:
Just replace the juice with half a bottle of wine...yeah, not quite as healthy! Wednesdays are usually running nights for me, but I've been suffering with a horrible cold for two weeks now, complete with a cough that makes me sound like a 60-a-day smoker, so I've missed loads of runs. I've been doing my long Sunday runs, but not the shorter midweek ones. Not good. I really wanted to give it a go tonight, but a combination of not feeling 100%, lunchtime drinking and a late finish at work meant that I skipped yet another run. I'm starting to get a little bit scared about how little time there is between now and my half-marathon on April 1st, but hopefully I can get back into training from Sunday onwards!

Anyway, as I'd had a big lunch I had a reasonably small supper - some of my nut roast from the freezer, with basmati rice and some tomato sauce left over from last night's savoury pancakes. I decided to add a bit of chilli to the sauce and slightly overdid it, but it was gorgeous nonetheless (despite being seriously un-photogenic!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...