Saturday 11 December 2010

Oh. My. God.



That would be a bourbon chocolate pot with crème fraiche. I went to the Duke of Cambridge in Islington for lunch with a few friends - it's the UK's only fully organic gastropub, and while it is Yummy Mummy heaven and therefore packed with small children and enormous pushchairs, the food is incredible. I had half a baked camembert with bread and chutney, beetroot goulash with rice, a root vegetable coleslaw and garlic yogurt, and that amazing chocolate pot. I can't remember the last time I ate that much!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Allie, that little gulp of chocolate with creme fraiche must have been heavenly. My daughter lived in London for a year or so; I wish I knew about the Duke of Cambridge when we visited.....The food served there sounds scrumptious and I LOVE camembert. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those NOW!!! This Duke of Cambridge restaurant seems awesone...I wish we discovered it while my daughter was in London...shucks, we'll just have to come back over the pond...I especially LOVE love love camembert; the combination of it with a chutney is making my mouth water, and its only 10:00 in the morning. I am really in for it today! Thanks for the post, Allie; quite enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...