Friday 16 November 2012

Enchiladas! Finally!

I mentioned the other day that I'd been meaning to make these butternut squash enchiladas for about 10 days...and last night I finally managed to make them!

The original recipe called for quite a lot of cheese, and browned butter, but I wanted to make it healthier so I left out the cheese and butter, used unsweetened almond milk for the sauce, and instead of tortillas I used Mountain Bread corn wraps (which I get from my local organic supermarket). I also halved the recipe - although I ended up getting a bit overenthusiastic with my squash chopping, so I had some of the filling left over which I'm going to have with pasta for tomorrow's supper. And I got some lovely black kale in my veg box this week (no Veg Box Day post, though, I'm afraid - I got home late on Tuesday night after a book launch party and just chucked everything in the fridge!) so I put some of that into the filling as well.

It wasn't the most attractive of things to photograph...
...but it tasted really good!

On another note, the Christmas lights are up in Ealing. I checked back through last year's posts, and they've been switched on a whole 10 days earlier this year! I suppose it's definitely beginning to look a little bit like Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...