Sunday 4 November 2012

Fireworks!

Bonfire Night isn't until tomorrow, but this weekend has been full of organised fireworks displays all over the place. I'm lucky enough to have a particularly fantastic one right on my doorstep at my local cricket club - people come from miles around and there's a huge crowd, mulled wine, an enormous bonfire and a brilliant half-hour fireworks extravaganza. Apart from one shower, the weather was crisp and cold and perfect for fireworks!
I went with a gang of running club people, and of course rather than attempt to cram ourselves into one of the local pubs afterwards, we sent a couple of the boys down to the corner shop and crammed ourselves into my flat instead for dodgy wine (apparently the only white on offer was Black Tower...!) and a ton of crisps and pizza. Thankfully I'd done my 12-mile run in the morning!

I also went to the V&A's Hollywood Costume exhibition yesterday, which was fab. I really don't know a lot about films (it's always best to assume I haven't seen things, because I probably haven't...) but even I could recognise the iconic costumes from films through the ages. My favourites were a perfectly 60s green skirt and jumper combo from Mildred Pierce, and a navy sparkly number from Chicago. And of course there were Dorothy's iconic ruby red slippers - although they're more than a little shabby and faded these days! I'd definitely recommend going if you can get a ticket!

 And finally, this week I discovered this...
Ooh yeah. Can't wait to make a butternut squash risotto and stir a bit of that in! In other news, I've started my Christmas shopping...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...